Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ray Comforts lost masterpiece ‘Bugged by Jehovah’s Witnesses?’

Looking at the cover of this booklet, and considering Ray himself is amongst the worlds most overt and passionate prophesiers, the subject matter here seems to be a little bit ‘rich’ – the proverbial 'pot calling the kettle black'.

But the initial assumptions one draws from the cover-art, are well wide of the mark.

These 16 pages, penned purportedly in 1981, are all about Ray slamming The Jehovah Witness Church (or sect as he frames it) and following “The True Church”.


I am not going to bore you with the theological claims he uses to preserve what he calls “the deity of Christ” nor regurgitate the endless bible passages he uses to expand on his position – suffice to say, Ray has 'issues' with The Jehovah Witnesses interpretation of the same book.

It’s highly doubtful a single J.W was deterred by his act of interdenominational ‘brotherhood’.

The Christchurch Library, issues this booklet under the headings (1.) Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society (2.) Controversial Literature.


They got it right, on one score.

This is one booklet, I’m sure Ray is embarrassed to say is mine.

By the way - I’m still confused, how about you?

Footnote: I have another project I’m working-on so this will be the last blog on Ray Comfort for a few weeks, but it won’t be the last. There a few more juicy titles of his, that deserve one more airing.


5 comments:

tom sheepandgoats said...

When I first came across this post I thought you were referring to another Ray who very prominantly split from the JW leadership. But no, he appears to be some local big time preacher who tries to put his crude past behind him?

TJH said...

Off topic; I'm from wearesmrt. In Ray Comfort's latest post at Atheist Central. He mentions that he had a very successful business before he became a Christian. Do you have any idea what kind of business this was? Thanks.

Canterbury Atheists said...

Gidday there Rufus,

No I hadn’t heard that.

I have 4 different (or is it 5?) locations for his Living Waters Publications company over the 9 (or was it 8?) years they were set-up.

Two of them are residential address’s and the other two commercial.

Prior to this I am not sure, but if you can give me a name of this “successful business” he alludes to, I can do more research.

All his books are hard going, and I still have some more to work through.

Off fishing and beer drinking this weekend though.

Ta

Paul.

TJH said...

Hello Paul:

He just writes that he had a very successful business and could have made a good living before he became a Christian. Nothing about the name of the business or what it was. I just thought that if it was "very successful" there might be a record of it. One of his fellow believers asked him about it, but I doubt if he'll answer. Enjoy your beer and fishing. Much more important than Ray Comfort.

peterquixote said...

dude, like with them Jehova people who knock at your door, it such a shame that the girls who always wear black stockings and dresses are accompanied by guys with pink or blue shirts. Now I always say come in .. and well you know ..
I have this ambition deep in me born of jesus or god I think that I want to fuck a Jehova girl, by jeeperes i do,
So I listen and I invite them Jehova girl back, but so far, I run out on the watch tower and they dont come ,